According to the Ministry of Transport, as at the end of 2018 there were 1.575 million registered sailors in China, making China the nation with the greatest number of sailors in the world. Whether coastal or offshore, expensive satellite phones remain the only available telephone communication means between vessels and the mainland. This has posed a significant obstacle to fleet management, handling of emergencies, and communication between sailors and their loved ones.
- No 4G coverage due to the distance from shore
- 4G coverage available for ships berthed near shore or in harbors;
- In-vessel telephone
Landline telephones on ships is achieved through a platform which combines satellite network and telecommunication network on the shore and corresponding connection terminal on the ship.
- Satellite network is used only for ocean vessels, while 4G network is used for coastal vessels, saving satellite broadband charges;
- Use of advanced VoIP technology to reduce voice transmission bandwidth, saving satellite broadband charges further and 4G data volume;
- Free calls on extensions in the vessel.
Value proposition- Reduces ship telephone communication by 50-70%;
- Enriches sailors’ communication experience with the use of analog phones, IP phones, and mobile phone apps to conduct telephone communication;
- Centralized collection on shore of shipside call recordings and call histories with remote monitoring to ensure secure positioning